Ever since India’s independence, there have been a few events that have left an indelible mark on our history. We remember those events, with either a smile on our faces, or a tear trickling down our cheeks. But how were they reported when they happened? What did the newspaper headlines of that time speak about those events?
Here’s taking a trip down the memory lane and taking a look at the newspaper headlines of the events that shaped India into what it is right now!
1. India’s independence from the British (1947)
2. Mahatma Gandhi’s Assassination (1948)
3. India becomes a republic (1950)
4. Indo-China War (1962)
5. Indo-Pak War and creation of Bangladesh (1971)
6. Emergency declared (1975)
7. Indira Gandhi’s assassination (1984)
8. Bombay bomb blasts (1993)
9. India wins the Kargil War (1999)
10. 26/11 Mumbai attacks